Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

The One With Stuff About Christmas

Back again after holiday craziness.

Had a lovely Christmas Eve/Day/Etc. Received mostly gifts of the monetary-type (although my sister, K, gave me this cool framed/illustrated thing with the lyrics of Something Corporate's "I Woke Up in a Car," which was pretty badass.) M and J also gave me a year's worth of AAA. Whoo! That came in handy when I (stupidly) left the air running without the engine on (or something. . .D explained to me what had happened, and I'm still not convinced I know what the deal was.) A nice guy in a truck came out to my (then) place of work and jump started it for me. I probably could have seen if someone in the office had jumper cables, but, for one, the people there weren't terribly nice, two, I don't know how to USE jumper cables, and three, I mean, I have to get my AAA money's worth, right?
The job I'm in now (I don't know if I've actually written since starting here) is with a company I worked with before and swore I'd never work with again. But, obviously, that was lies. Because I'm here. And I'm doing. . .actually, I'm not certain what it is I'm supposed to be doing. I'm working in the credits and collections department, and I've had a couple of projects I've completed, but generally, people don't seem to know what to do with me. Gives me time to surf the Internet for. . .whatever. Today it was recipes and things to add to my Google Reader.

I got the sweetest Christmas card from K (not sister K. Pennsylvania K. PK.) that may or may not have made me tear up a little. (It did.) That was the only Christmas card I got this year (except the one from my aunt), so that was cool. I did this thing one year where I was part of a card exchange with this group on a message board I used to frequent. . .frequently. That was my first Christmas away from home after college, and I got, like, 25 cards from people I'd never met. It was awesome. I miss that board occasionally (after all, it's where I met PK), but it's kind of turned boring. At least, it had turned boring the last time I was there, which was quite a while ago.

I know I haven't put a lot of commentary into wedding planning, but that's because I haven't really been. . .planning our wedding. It's a money thing, still, so I'm kind of hesitant to try starting anything, as most things require a deposit, and deposits, I don't have. However, there's apparently going to be some kind of bridal expo here not this-coming, but next weekend, and I'm dragging D along to that. (No, that's a lie. He asked if he could go. Because he's ideal like that.) I've never been to anything like that before, and I'm actually a little wary (because I know how these Bridezilla types can get) but it seems like something someone who's getting married is supposed to do.

It's about lunch time (in 13 minutes) and I'm DYING, because The Blonde One went downstairs and bought a steak and cheese sandwich that smells so good, it makes me want to bat her over the head and take it. But I'm going to Dad's house for soup. Which is. . .not nearly as good, but much less expensive.

Also, my cousin, G, and her husband and son were in a really bad car accident on Christmas. J (the son) has had surgeries and things since then, and it sounds like it's really touch-and-go. If you do the praying thing, or if you do the keeping people in your thoughts thing, this would be a good time to do it. Updates are here: http://blueframephotography.wordpress.com/
John is 3, I believe. It's sounded like there have been a lot of things that have come together despite the big-picture accident, so despite the accident and injuries themselves, there's been a little bit of luck there. I can't even imagine. Most of you know that I was in a car accident back in May, and I completely walked away from it. Even with that, I'm still fairly terrified of being in a car, so I. . .like I said, I can't imagine. So keep them in your thoughts, if you would. And I know you will. Because you all rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment