Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The One With More About the Photo Shoot

I failed for a second time. I completely forgot to update yesterday, and as I was falling asleep, I was like. . .you know, I COULD update, but it's after midnight, and it wouldn't count anyway, so I'll just take the second of my 5 free days. I need to do better, because I only have 3 free days left.

C finished our engagement photos and I am. . .I don't even know what to say about them. They're amazing. She and F perfectly captured D and I as a couple, and I couldn't not have asked for better pictures. Plus, we had fun doing them! So it's a win-win-(win) all the way around. They're under a password protection on C and F's Web site, so if you are just dying to see them, I can tell you how to get into it. Suffice it to say, they're great, and I am really (really) excited.

Speaking of excited, I got the job I interviewed for yesterday. It's a temp job, until the beginning of the year (so, like, 6-8 weeks?) but I'm still pretty jazzed about it. It's with a company that is involved in the publishing industry, so it helped that I had a background in publishing already. Apparently, the woman that interviewed me really liked me, so that was. . .you know, a plus. Being liked is a plus.

D is in town now for. . .however long. We are currently camped out at an extended stay (that reminds me of a college dorm. . .which is not a bad thing). After the week is out, we'll figure out what to do from there. . .we don't have a definite plan as of right this second, but as far as employment goes, I think it looks promising for both of us. (Fingers crossed).

(Have I mentioned in the last 30 seconds how much I loved the photos? D's beside me, still looking them over, and I look at them every now and again and am thrilled. Thrilled!)

"Thanksgiving" is on Sunday. . .the one where Mom's side of the family gathers? I'm still preparing (mentally, you see) for introducing D to the extended family. Any significant others of my cousins that have been brought into the fray have ultimately been able to engrain themselves into the madness that is my family, but. . .we'll see how that goes.

And, I swear this is the last time I'm going to mention how much I love these pictures, but there's this one. . .I'm looking at the camera, and D is looking at me. . .I've got like this death grip on his tie. It's one of my favorites, and I think C mentioned she really liked it as well.

D's take on it? His words are far preferable to mine: "You look like, 'I'm going to have him tonight. I'm going to make him my love slave.'"

So there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment