Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

The First One

So I'm back. I'm back for blogging 2.0. Blogging -- the remix.

I'm back with a goal of blogging every day for 100 days consecutively. I guess that means I will have to come up with something (or other) interesting to say for the better part of 4 months. Considering I have people asking me (still!) "When are you going to update your blog?" I guess I have something of an audience. I have people who will read the inane things I have to say.

If you're wondering, (and I know you are) the title of my new blog here is from Pulp Fiction. If you've seen it, it's the part where Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta are discussing foot massages -- the implication behind them -- and then they go in to kill some people. If you haven't seen it, that is the most vague description I could have possibly given, and you need to go see the movie. I own it, if you want to borrow it.

So since the last time I blogged (and, if you're wondering, I still hate the word "blog"), which I believe was back in April some time, I have moved back home, and living in my father's house, am technically unemployed (I'm working through the temp agency I left to move up to the mountains), and. . .I'm getting married! After. . .an undisclosed period of time and so many issues, it would make People Magazine jealous, D and I are doing it. (Getting married, that is.) Since we're in two different places at the moment (and aren't long-dostance relationships a pain?), we're diligently working toward being in the same town, but the whole wedding planning process has begun. My cousin, C, who got married. . .2 years ago?. . .is helping me, sending me suggestions, and doing a wedding-planning-type thing for me, at least helping me out. Which is appreciated.

The ring? you ask. It's going to look like this:

Good, right? D found it on his own, and it's pretty much exactly what I would have picked out for myself. There's that, and I've also picked out (but not yet purchased) my dress. I'm not going to post that, though, seeing as to how it's going to be a surprise (for him). At the moment, we're thinking late August, early September-ish for the wedding. And while I thought I had my colors/theme/whatever all picked out, I'm thinking I'm going to alter it a bit. C's given me some stuff to work with.

Also, speaking of C and wedding things, D and I are going to have engagement pictures taken this weekend. I wasn't actually planning on having them done at all, but C enjoys doing them, and she's not going to charge us for them (always a plus!) so that'll be this weekend.
I guess this concludes post 1. 1 down, 99 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment