Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The One Where I Hate Twilight

I'm not failing today! It's raining outside, D and I are at the library, and I'm going to blog post before I forget.

Today was kind of a "don't do a whole heck of a lot that's necessary in life" day. I went back to my room at my father's house and picked it up a little bit (it was looking more junky than usual), put away laundry, and packed up some clothes to take with me to my home away from home for the week. D and I went to Dollar General and picked up some kitchen necessities (i.e. Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatballs. Yum.) and now we're here, siphoning the free WiFi. There's WiFi where we're staying, but when you have three floors of people all using it at the same time, it can get a little slow and tedious.

A sent a text to me the other day, asking if I was planning on going to the Thursday night showing of New Moon. My response to her was, "No. Robert Pattinson makes me want to kill."

This is true. I don't understand the RP love, and I feel like everyone who finds him, "OMGSOHOT!" needs to be introduced to someone who has good hygeine and who washes their hair regularly. The "Twilight" series, while an interesting enough story, really irritates me in general. They are some of the worst-written books in the history of people who made a gabillion dollars writing books, and the relationship between Edward and Bella is so incredibly unhealthy, it makes me wonder why all these teenaged (and some times older-aged) girls (and women) and like, "OMG! Love story for the ages! Bella 'N' Edward 4 EVA!"

So the point is, actually, no, I wasn't planning on going to see it. Truth be told, I haven't even seen the first one. D saw it and (inexplicably) really liked it. He hasn't read the books, though, so I don't think he quite understands my hatred and malice for the entire franchise. I have read 3 out of the 4 books. . .the first one, I tore through in a couple days. The second one, it took me a couple of weeks. The third one? A month and a half. It was sooooo sloooooow. I almost didn't finish it, because it was really boring to me. When the fourth one came out, I didn't even bother. I went to Wal-Mart the day it came out, flipped through it, and read the last half of the last chapter, just so I'd have some kind of conclusion to all the effort I'd put into it so far. I feel, just from what I read, that I was entirely justified in doing this. It seemed like. . .tripe.

Now, I'm not saying everything I read it great literature. But people say these are awesome AWESOME!! books, and. . .they are not.

Side note: I judge you if you have screaming children in the library. If you have screaming children in the library, you need to be slapped, then kicked in the face, then slapped again. I miss the days of quiet libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment