Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The One With (Some Of) My Favorite Movie(s)

I started doing a list of things (see: here). Here is thing number two:

Day 02: Your favorite movie*

Much like with the songs, I don't have a favorite movie. I love movies, and have (if I do say so myself) a pretty good and extensive collection at home. I have old movies, romantic comedies, action movies, great movies, terrible movies, gay movies, old movies. . .Pretty much everything. A couple of my favorites, though. . .

1. Pulp Fiction

Pulp Fiction (the movie after which my blog AND Twitter name are named) is one of my favorite movies of all time. Yes, the profanity flows freely, and yes, there are some pretty violent moments, but on the whole, it's incredible, if you can keep up with the intersection storylines. Plus, Uma Thurman is basically a goddess in this movie, so there's that. And John Travolta is badass and someone I'd want to hang out with. If I were into hanging out with contract killers. (I'm not.)

2. American Psycho 2

This? Is a bad movie. I mean it. is. a. BAD MOVIE. The dialogue is terrible, there's no real plot to speak of, it only marginally has anything to do with American Psycho the original, there are plot holes wide enough to drive. . .it's basically laughably bad. I've never seen American Psycho, but from what I understand, it's pretty gruesome. The worst thing that happens in this movie (SPOILER ALERT!) is that you see a woman who has hanged herself (. . .or DID she?), and you see some brain matter on a plaque.

Um, OK, that's actually kind of gross. But it's nowhere near gruesome.

So why, you may ask, is this one of my favorite movies?


Because William freaking Shatner is in it. Also, because it's entertaining in a way that I'm not sure it's intended to be.

Also, contrary to the movie cover, there is no giant hook of any kind involved in anything.

3. Legally Blonde

To round out my Awesome Movie Trifecta, I'm going to include one of my favorites that I'd call a guilty pleasure, if not for the fact that I am willing to tell everyone and their mother how much I love it. Reese Witherspoon is so perfect in this role, and she's adorable to boot. The storyline is kind of like. . .WHAT? But it's awesome. And I also always tear up a little bit when (SPOILER ALERT!) she gets into law school. It's a lovely movie, and any time I turn on the TV and see that it's on, no matter where in the movie I'm coming into it, I have to sit down and watch it. Awesome.


*Yes, I'm aware it's not technically Day 2. The weekend was busy, and I think you'll forgive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment